Saturday, May 1, 2010

weeds

Do you know what I just did? I just spent half an hour picking dandelions in our front yard. Not for fun. But because we are the jerks- the one lawn on the block that isn't professionally taken care of and pesticided.

So we have weeds. Which didn't really bother me. But then I noticed that all these nice lawns around us are starting to get weeds because our weeds are spreading. Which kind of sucks and I don't want the neighbors to hate us so when I came home from work today and saw a bunch of big fluffy white dandelions getting ready to spread their seeds, I said, "Hell, no! Not on my watch!" And I grabbed the plastic bag that was on our porch and filled it up.

I didn't do a great job (didn't get them out by the roots or anything) but that should at least slow down their spread by a couple of days.

I will admit that I definitely stopped working as hard after I accidentally stuck my hand down a rabbit hole!

Yeah, kind of freaked out about that one.

Lawns are stupid. I mean, yeah, I love them and all, but they are soooo much work and so not as nature intended. We need to get some pet sheep or something. Is that even legal here? I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Do you care that I'm stalking your blog? i resist commenting usually but I just can't hold back anymore. I totally think a)if we'd see dandelions as flowers instead of weeds, we'd hit the jackpot AND have pretty yellow yards and b)that fake grass is the way to go.
    Nicki For President. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love that you are stalking my blog!

    And I have totally been lobbying for fake grass. It might be a little more expensive in the beginning but you totally make up for it by not having to mow/weed it.

    Though it would be sad if the whole world became artificial like that. I mean, great for my allergies, but still, kind of sad. So we will just be the one house to have fake grass on the block and everyone else can keep the real stuff.

    ReplyDelete