Sometimes I like to pretend that I am all artsy and cool and am a character on Sex & the City.
Who are we kidding? That's so not me. Though I do fake it pretty well though.
Like last night.
(heehee, if you just read those last two sentences together out of context, they are kind of funny)
Anywho, last night I went to see this 70 minute long performance piece where the entire audience has to stand on the stage at the Auditorium Theater and the show goes on all around and amongst and above you. Ashton Kutchner recommended it, so how could I stay away?
As an indication of what I was getting myself into, this was the coffee table out in the waiting area/ foyer. I didn't get a photo of the woman who was going around selling shots of some yummy alcoholic drink in test tubes.
To give you a tiny idea of what the piece was like, here is a short clip:
Yeah, that was on the wall.
So while interpretive dance and bizarro art installations aren't usually my thing. I have to say that I came away really happy. I can't pretend that I understood all of it, but I liked it.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment