Thursday, May 13, 2010

bedtime rituals

What's one of the favorite things that you remember from your early childhood? If you are like any of my friends you probably answered something to do with your bedtime ritual.

My bedtime ritual was quite simple. I would get ready for bed and once I was in my bed, ready to go to sleep, one of my parents would come in and put their hand on my tummy (over the blankets) and then they would rock me back and forth a little bit while saying "snuggle! snuggle! snuggle!" This all lasted approximately five seconds, but I REFUSED to go to bed if someone didn't come "snuggle me." While this may seem like a really random thing, which I admit, it is, I hated being tucked in, and to this day don't like the top sheet to be tucked in, so this made more sense.

I apparently was also read to A LOT! But I don't remember that. I just remember the snuggling.

I had a friend whose mom used to blow him a kiss and he got to choose what flavor the kiss was that night. Sometimes strawberry, sometimes chocolate, etc. How precious is that?

What about you? Did you have a favorite bedtime ritual? Do you do one now with your kids?

1 comment:

  1. My younger sister and I are 11 months apart...we slept in the same room, then didn't when our older sister moved out. We would say, then yell to eachother "Goodnight! I love you! See you in the morning!"...even when I moved out of the house and in with Cullen, she called me every night for the first month to go through the ritual. hehe!

    ReplyDelete