I hereby declare this week to be International Write a Thank You Card Week.
So get crackin' and go write an unexpected thank you note to someone. Or just send a thank you email if you are feeling lazy.
I am one of those people who could care less about getting a thank you card in return for sending someone a present. I know that is proper etiquette and all, but an expected (and forced) thank you doesn't really count for much. However, a thank you that is sincerely meant and out of the blue can really turn someone's day around.
So write a thank you note. To your friend for being awesome. To your coworker for always listening to you rant. To your past teacher for teaching you something. To your husband for doing the things he always does- let him know you do notice and appreciate it.
Let's get some good karma going.
I received another thank you note this week. I know I blogged about getting one the other day too. This isn't a normal occurrence. Normally I am just happy to get someone who writes "thank you!" on my tip envelope. So to receive an actual card really made my day. And since nobody else is going to do it, I am just going to go ahead and toot my own horn and post what the card said...
Dear Nikki, [they get bonus points for spelling it right!]
Thank you so much for every great massage! I recently had a not so great massage and this has prompted me to thank you for your skill, experience and [they originally wrote "knowlegde" and crossed it out] knowledge (I am so relaxed, I can't spell!)
I hope if you ever find yourself with an opportunity that takes you away from (the name of my spa) you will let me know where I can find you.
Your warm and friendly personality is also appreciated.
Thank you.
Sincerely, (my client)
I think this is the Universe's way of telling me I am in the right job. It made my day. Your turn. Go make someone's day.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay Pookie! People love you!
ReplyDeleteI love this! And it is so funny because NO ONE spells my name right EVER. It's been a joke at work for years. I don't care how they spell Nicki really, but they will have to get Nicholle right. *I* spell me Nicki, but the rest of the world wants me to be Nikki. So when someone Nicki's me, I give out a free 500 points. :) Anyway, I'm going to go make someone's day now. :) Thank you for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteWhen my ex-boyfriend misspelled my name and wrote "Nicki" he tried to tell me that it was my fault because my full name, Nicolette, doesn't have a "k" in it, it has a "c" so it doesn't make sense to spell my nickname with a "k."
ReplyDeleteThe thing that amused me most about his argument is that his name was Jake/Jacob.