Tuesday, May 11, 2010

rules

There are no rules in life. Not that we know of anyways. There are guidelines given to us by our religions and cultures, but no steadfast rules.

If we don't know the rules, how do we know if we are following them? How do we know if we are living our lives right?

Here was my thought as I was drifting off to sleep last night- What if this really is a game? You know how in video games when you successfully finish one level you get to go to the higher level? What if this is a game and we are on "level: Earth"??

From what I can gather, the rules of the game seem to be this: Get married, raise two children and provide the most stable environment that you can for them.

I've decided that you get bonus points for certain things like graduating from college, having a job that pays more than $75,000 a year and having a beautiful home.

You get deducted points for doing things like getting arrested, being a druggie or starring on a reality TV show.

I mean, if someone were to just write down the rules for us, this whole game would sure make a lot more sense.

Game on.

1 comment:

  1. First thing to do: Break EVERY SINGLE RULE, WITHOUT REGRET, and make all your own rules. GO!

    ReplyDelete