Do you know what is amazing? How many thoughts you can have in a thirty second time span. I sat here thinking about what I should write which led to me thinking about my novel and how I wish I knew some real writers. That led me to thinking about this girl Stephanie that I went to high school with and how she is a real writer (had a book of poems published) and how she also has the same last name as a girl I work with and I wonder if there is any way that they are related. And then the scene from Monty Python's "Holy Grail" started going through my head where the guy is going through town with his cart and yells "Bring out your dead!"
And then I started thinking about the scene from "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" where they are standing at the gate of the city and are searching everyone who comes in and keep repeating, "No blades, no bows, leave your weapons here." Which wouldn't be much of a line except they do it in a fun voice.
And then I was thinking about my butler's pantry.
And then... and then...
And basically I had a million different thoughts in a thirty second time span which makes you wonder how we can ever just focus on one thing. And those are only the thoughts that I was aware of. That doesn't even touch on all those impulses and signals that got sent to my brain that I tucked away and just dealt with instead of consciously acknowledging like "hey, you are sitting on a chair" and "now, hands, move this way to type these letters."
It's just mind boggling.
Which leads us to our quote of the day (that was on a poster in the AP physics classroom in high school) "If our brains were simple enough for us to understand them, we wouldn't be able to."
What are you thinking about right now?
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment