Wednesday, May 26, 2010

technical problems!!!

Okay! Finally! I'm back. We've been having some internet problems at the house this week. And stupid iPhoto problems this morning. But I'm back!

Here's what you've missed in my exciting life while I've been away:



This is the picture of the GOLD PLATED SLINKY that I saw while killing time in a Tuesday Morning store the other day. It was originally priced at $99.99! They had it on clearance for $39.99. Somehow I found the strength to pass it up.



My sister and I walked up to the liquor store the other day, which, fyi, is VERY far away and seemed like a good idea at the time but we then had to walk all the way back home with our purchases!

The bottle in the middle is a normal sized bottle of wine. The others are obviously oversized but did you know that the bigger wine bottles have different names? Most people have heard of a "magnum" which is double the size of a regular bottle of wine. But they get much, MUCH bigger. The biggest ones are named after the kings of the Bible.

Jeroboam (sparkling wines)= 4 wine bottles (3.0L)
Reboboam (red wines)= 6 wine bottles (4.5L)
Imperial= 8 wine bottles (6.0L)
Methuselah (sparkling wines)= 8 wine bottles (6.0L)
Salmanazar = 12 wine bottles (9.0L = 1 case)
Balthazar = 16 wine bottles (12.0L)
Nebuchadnezzar = 20 wine bottles (15.0L)


So that's your fun fact for the day. Still working on these computer problems. More posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment