We always complain when we have problems but can you imagine life in which we had no problems? Where everything just works perfectly?
How mind-numbingly boring would that be?
We need conflict to grow. What if the cavemen had lived in a temperate setting and never gotten cold and had no animals chasing after them? There would have been no impetus to figure out how to control fire.
How we deal with conflicts is what makes us into the people we are. What has made you into the person you are? I bet it wasn't that amazing day when you got up late, ate some food, chilled out for a while on a beach and ate some more and then went to bed.
So why is there good and evil in this world? Because there needs to be. Otherwise we would get lethargic and complacent and do nothing and be nothing. We'd be blobs on auto-pilot.
I can't say that I always enjoy the conflicts but for today I am feeling very zen and thankful for their part in my life, in making me into me.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment