I jinxed us though. I was talking to my client from Alabama earlier this week and I was talking about nice it is living near Chicago because we don't get tornadoes this close to the city.
Well, we usually don't get tornadoes. Except for two days after I said that when the sky turned that funny color- you know what I'm talking about if you've ever been in a tornado. And then the sirens started going off.
I went to the bathroom, grabbed my book, water and chapstick (the necessities) and headed down to the basement.
A tornado did not hit my town (see, I was right, we don't usually have them) but we did have insane wind and three inches of rain in one hour! Can you say flooding?? Luckily my basement is unfinished and we are used to it flooding but for lots of friends that meant the destruction of their finished basements. Suckage. Especially for some people who flooded not just with rain water but sewage too. I don't even want to think about that!
Speaking of damage though, we have a new leak in the roof. (Thanks to our neighbor's stupid tree hitting our roof.) This one of course leaks right into my bedroom! Ahhh, I miss the days of renting when I could just pass this problem over to my landlord! Of course, if I was still renting I would still be in my basement apartment and would have had all of my stuff destroyed with flooding. Pick your poison I guess.

I didn't get footage of the tornado storm but I did get a little bit of footage of the storm from last Friday- before I freaked out and jumped back into the house! It doesn't quite do it justice but you can kind of tell how windy it is. Whoa, it's windy out here!
What the hell happened at the end??? OMG!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I almost died. The lightning struck just across the street. It was one of those bolts that you could FEEL in your chest. And I flinched really badly and tumbled back into the room. That's when I decided that maybe videotaping the storm wasn't such a good idea.
ReplyDelete