My mom and I went shopping at Von Maur a few nights ago because she needed a new dress. I was just there to keep her company. And give her moral support.
Trying on dresses can be a bit hard on the ego.
The women in the dressing room with us (where you have separate rooms but can hear everything) were cracking me up.
The first woman walked by me muttering "Great...something, something... kangaroo pouch... something... and it makes me look pregnant!"
A salesperson knocked on another woman's door and asked if she was doing all right in there. Her response? "No. It's going bad. Really bad!"
But my favorite was the woman who tried on a dress that was solid on top but sequined on bottom and was fairly tight (just the style of the dress) and she was trying it on because she needed a dress to wear when she got up and sang in her friend's wedding. She went out to show it to her boyfriend and I just heard her say, "Oh my god! My ass looks like a giant disco ball!"
I wanted to give every woman in there a big hug!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't you think it would completely benefit every person involved, including the stores themselves, if they invested in some POLITE lighting and mirrors? I feel like what I see when I try stuff on isn't even REAL- it's a NIGHTMARE. I can assume that I won't actually look THAT horrible in whatever I'm seeing, and that the lights and mirror are exaggerating the largeness of me. How stupid. It would be brilliant if we all looked pretty damn good in whatever we tried on?! We don't need to be LIED to, of course, but ANYTHING else has to be better than the ultra florescent bullshit lights and mirrors in there. ANYTHING!
ReplyDeleteAnd think of how much more clothes they would sell!!!
ReplyDelete