Thursday, June 3, 2010

the massage from hell

How hard is it to receive a massage? You would think that it would be the easiest thing in the world, right? All you have to do is f'ing lay there and relax!

Some people are really good at receiving massage. Some people are pretty good at it but still lock up their arms or neck when you try to work them.

And then some people are like the client I had today.

Two of the other therapists that I work with have already refused to work on this woman. I asked not to be put with her but she keeps requesting me which makes that awkward so I have just said okay and worked with her.

We think that she has fibromyalgia, though her stupid doctor said that she didn't. Not that he did any tests on her or anything, or even checked out her body, he just told her it was all in her head. How is a doctor like that still practicing??

Anywho, she is a massage therapist's worst nightmare. Not only does she like to micro-manage the massage, telling you what body part to work when (and it switches every two minutes) but she only like clockwise circles. Seriously. Clockwise circles on her body for an hour.

Normally, I just suck it up and do it. Today she took it to new lows. Asking me to do annoying things that were physically impossible.

I almost stopped the massage after ten minutes and told her we would just give her her money back.

I finished the massage but was practically in tears by the end.

That sounds crazy as I write it now. How could this woman have affected me so negatively? It isn't like she was a mean person. But she is an energy sucking black hole.

And she is crazy.

Thank goodness I have been doing this for a while, because if I had had a client like her in my first few months as a massage therapist, I am pretty sure I would have quit.

Okay, deep breath. It is over. I am never working on her again. Time to regroup and move on.

1 comment:

  1. And it is ABSOLUTELY okay for you to refuse to workon her ever again. Even if she requests you. Even if she BEGS for you. You are a light and while I'm sure it feels good for her to be in your light, she's TAKING IT and that's not fair. That is not a fair exchange at ALL. Please don't let her do that to you again! You're way too good to have an emotional vampire attack you that way. XOXOX!!!

    ReplyDelete