Tuesday, June 8, 2010

sweet tooth

I've always had a sweet tooth.

Okay, maybe that is a bit of an understatement.

I had an entire mouth full of sweet teeth.

And when I wasn't eating sugar, I was craving it. Hard core. To the point where it was hard to think about anything else.

I've been trying to cut sugar out of my diet. I haven't been entirely successful but I've been eating about 75% less sugar than before and I have felt the difference.

I have less cravings. Less mood swings. Less crashes.

Before I start my carb cleanse tomorrow, I decided that I would treat myself to a piece of vanilla on vanilla cake- my fav!

I walked all the way over to Whole Foods and picked up a beautiful cake with pink flowers on top. I put it on a fancy plate and sat down to enjoy it while watching Glee on Hulu. It was going to be the perfect treat.

Only... it didn't really do it for me. And now, after eating it, I feel kind of blah.

All the literature I've read about giving up sugar has said that you stop craving it after a while, but can it really be this easy?

Here's hopin'!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!! I hate that feeling afterward though, but YAY! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- here's a website you may or may not like. hehehe!

    http://dynamic.challengeday.org/bethechange/

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete