Thursday, June 17, 2010

World Cup

I have to admit, I am pretty much totally caught up in World Cup fever.

While I've blogged before about how I don't usually watch sports on tv, now I can't seem to get enough. I've been getting up at 7 AM to watch soccer! What the hell?!?

My friend tweeted about how she was at a Italian restaurant and at 2:15 PM the day of the Italian game, the chef came out of the back and said "kitchen's closed!" so he could watch the game.

I love little things like that.

Do you know what else I love?

Lionel Messi.



He plays for Argentina and is thought to be the best player in the entire tournament. I watched him this morning for the first time ever and would have to agree. He's just beautiful. Like the ball is glued to his foot.

But, my favorite part about watching him is the announcers, because obviously when he has the ball they say things like a "Messi goal" or a "Messi shot" which probably is not funny at all in his native language but in English is kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment