Saturday, April 10, 2010

vegetarian

I was a vegetarian for a couple of years back in my early twenties. Oh god, how old am I that I can talk about BACK in my early twenties?!? Sigh.

Anywho, I wasn't a super strict vegetarian. If I felt like eating meat, having a bite of my boyfriend's steak when we were out to dinner or whatever, then I would do it. But I was mostly vegetarian. And it was really nice.

You just FEEL better when you are a vegetable-terrorist (that's what my carnivorous friends used to call me.)

Meat is tasty. I don't deny that.

But I think I am going to have to go back to being a vegetarian.

There are lots of reasons to be a vegetarian but the main one for me is probably not one that you would think of...

I have always had super vivid dreams and unfortunately, lots and lots of nightmares. As I've started paying closer attention to it over the past couple of months I've come up with a startling conclusion... I seem to have really bad nightmares only when I eat meat (beef is the worst) for dinner. And when I don't eat meat for dinner, I don't have nightmares.

That's crazy. At first I thought it was just a fluke, but after weeks of observing it, it really seems to be true.

So I could stop having nightmares and feel better in general and probably lose weight? This seems like a no brainer to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment