Friday, April 16, 2010

my mom/ my wonderful client

In lieu (that looks funny, it should be "en lieu" - weird using French words in English) of finding some fun free activity to partake in this evening, I am just staying home.

I don't really feel like going out anyways.

For those that I haven't gotten a chance to talk to, my mom has been in the hospital all week. She was finally well enough today to take a stress test and they discovered that she did in fact have a heart attack earlier this week and she has a small blood clot.

Scary stuff.

She, of course, is upset. Especially because she has been feeling so much better these last two days and really wants to be released from the hospital.

I wish I was there to hang out with her and cheer her up. (She is down in Atlanta.)

It's been a rough week but this afternoon I got a special treat that cheered me up. At first I had no clients which was freaking me out since no clients = no money. But then I got a hot stone booked. And then while I was giving the hot stone massage they slipped a note under my door telling me that I had just gotten my next hour booked.... with one of my favorite clients of all time!

Tilney is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. But the main reason she is one of my favorite clients is that she loves my massages. And she writes really cute messages on my tip envelope. That's actually my favorite part- seeing what she will write on the tip envelope. It is usually something silly like how they should erect statues in my honor because I am that amazing.

She told me today that her five-year-old daughter wanted to see a picture of me! She had heard about the "amazing Nikki" who works on her mom. How cute is that?

Well today I was feeling pretty down when I read about my mom's heart attack and clot. And I went downstairs and was leaving and went to get my tips. Turns out my first client didn't tip me! Suckage! But that sometimes happens when people pay with gift certificates.

And then Gena at the front desk told me that there were no other tip envelopes for me but that there was a card for me.

Tilney had actually brought in a greeting card to give me my tip in!

On the front of the envelope it is addressed to "Sparkly Nikki" and inside the card it says:

Happy Friday!
Happy Spring!
And
Thank you!
Triple Wammy
Love
For a Wonderful
X's 3 gal!
I have not gotten my massage
yet and I'm already
smiling!
(heart) Tilney

Every month when it comes time to pay my bills I think to myself that I need to get another job. And then things like this happen where I just love my job so much it makes me want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment