Around this time last year I blogged about my college newsletter. Back then I had a dilemma. I wanted to contribute but I didn't know what to write. I felt like I didn't have any big announcements that were worth sharing. And ultimately, I ended up not sending anything in.
This year I didn't have any of those qualms.
I am so much more comfortable in my own skin. I kept my entry short and sweet and didn't go into too much detail because I didn't want to be like one of those people on Facebook (we all know one) who blabs the most intimate and inane details of their life for everyone to read.
One of the major things that I wanted to write (but didn't) was that I've survived two winters without being sucked down into the hellhole of depression. That means more to me than any other achievement.
But people don't need to know that.
Do they need to know that I checked out six books on witchcraft today? People think I am weird enough as it is, I don't need to add any more fuel to their fire. And why was I getting out these books? Research for my novel. Hmmm, I also didn't mention that I was writing a novel.
What on earth DID I say? Mainly that I am working at my dream job in Chicago and am enjoying life.
But going back to the books for a second... can I just say that my public library rocks!?!? I love books. And I did a search and found over thirty books about witch craft. I didn't even have to send off for them, they were right there. Which reminded me of an article that I had just read about the census. Have you filled out your census form? Apparently ten years ago the Chinese in China town here in Chicago didn't do a good job of filling out their census forms and as a result weren't represented and so their public library over there is piss poor and students have to study on the floor because there aren't enough desks for them and there is always a huge wait for computers. Gotta fill out those forms, people!!!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment