Wednesday, April 14, 2010

just a number- but I'd still rather it was a smaller one

It's finally happened... I've gotten sick of being a chunky-monkey. My weight always fluctuates. No big deal. But once it starts creeping upwards I hit a certain point and do something about it. Not this time. It wasn't that I didn't realize that I was gaining weight- it was that I didn't care. At all. Sure, I'd like to be skinny, but not enough to do something about it.

I decided that it was because I wasn't gaining weight in my face. I hate when I gain weight in my face. That is when I look in the mirror and get disgusted and need to make changes. This time the weight sort of went a little bit to all over and mostly to my ass/hips.

But now I'm going to lose the weight. Thirty pounds this summer. Let's do it!

There are times when you think to yourself "I'll never be able to fit back into my pair of size 6 jeans" because it is hard to imagine ever being that size again. But then you look at these people on The Biggest Loser and if they can go from 268 pounds down to 145, then I sure as hell can!

Besides, it is fun being in shape. I want that feeling again.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, and I'm right there with you. Along with a couple other ladies you may or may not know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 pounds!!! Wow. I think you are perfectly lovely just the way you are but you are smart and capable of anything you put your mind to it!

    I'm hoping to lose 30+ lbs this summer--but I should have head start on you as I'll be pushing out a baby in 2 months and starting to nurse!

    ReplyDelete