Monday, April 19, 2010

knuckles

It is always interesting to find out the things that bother people. Some are to be expected and some are weird. Once I find them out, I try not to do them around people. Like hiding my feet from my old roommate who hates feet.

Yesterday at our soccer game I cracked my knuckles (because they were bothering me and that makes them feel better) and Paul (our captain) goes, "Oh, that's not creepy at all!"

To which I of course replied, "Do you want me to crack my neck too?!?" :)

He politely declined my offer.

But it just made me wonder about all the people who have things that really bother them who DON'T speak up. If people don't know that it bothers you, how can they know to stop it?

3 comments:

  1. I HATE knuckle cracking! And chewing noises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about you and knuckles. I mean, I could have guessed it, but I didn't KNOW it. I try not to do it around people. I didn't expect it to be so loud when I did it at my soccer game.

    I'm trying to think of what my weird thing that I hate is. I guess people chewing with their mouth open. Just about everything about the people on the El annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of people burping - especially unnecessarily. Completely unphased by knuckle cracking. Can't stand when people are looking around while they're talking to see who's listening to them: see Milk Breath on that one.

    ReplyDelete