Thursday, April 15, 2010

sports

Well, I was just watching Modern Marvels where we learned all about transporting things- everything from race horses to UPS packages to kidneys. But now it has switched to Food Tech where they are going to teach us the secrets of Chinese Take Out. I don't want to know the secret to Chinese take out because if I do I am pretty sure I will never eat it again.

You can always tell when my brother Jim has control of the remote. Though to be fair, I typically learn something when he does. Or I am forced to watch sports.

Speaking of watching sports... I just don't care for it. I mean, it is fine. I can do it. I can even get into it if there are other people around. But I would never do it on my own. My best friend actually took a day off of work to watch the sweet sixteen basketball tournament. I managed to make it the entire tournament without watching a single game. I only know who won because of all the twitter and facebook updates.

But watching sports is one of those things that doesn't enrich my life in any way. It doesn't make me smarter. It doesn't make me happier. What's the point?

Luckily I am a girl and I am not expected to care about sports.

What can I say? I'd rather go play them than watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment