Monday, April 26, 2010

religions are all the same

My thought for the day is that all religions are the same and are just repackaged in different ways.

Sometimes I like to make bold general statements like that just to piss people off.

I was just thinking about all the similarities between witchcraft/ pagan religions and Catholicism.

In witchcraft you have initiation where you get anointed.
In Catholicism you have baptism where you get anointed.

In witchcraft you use candles and incense and singing when you worship.
Same for Catholicism.

In witchcraft you pray to the Mother Goddess.
In Catholicism you pray to the Virgin Mary (mother of Christ.)

A lot of the timing for the holidays are the same. Like Christmas is right around the Winter Solstice.

They both have sacred objects (or special, at least, if they aren't sacred) like a chalice.

I don't know about witchcraft enough to say this for sure, but I know that in Reiki (energy work) there are certain hand signs that you do (for power, for protection, etc.)
Catholics do the sign of the cross and a few other movements.

I just find it interesting, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment