Do you know what the best part about playing in a co-ed soccer team is? How extremely low the expectations are.
When I am going up against a male forward from the other team, my team just expects me to get beat. So if I don't, it's a total bonus. And if I do get beat, well, they are there ready to cover me.
All in all, it's a win-win situation for me.
I suppose I could play the feminist card and get all upset that the guys on my team expect that the guys on the other team are going to get past me. Screw that.
I like it this way.
And I like playing with a team that is actually good. Playing with players who are better than you is how you get better yourself.
It feels damn good to be playing outdoor soccer again. Even if we had no girl subs today and I am exhausted.
I feel great!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment