God, I am miserable right now.
You know how there are times in your life when you've got it all together? Uh-huh.
And then there are days like today.
And I know it is all mental because really my life hasn't changed much since two weeks ago when I was feeling great.
So I should be able to just shift right back to happy, perky mode, right? Right?
It's hard when you take the one thing that you hate about yourself and have a loved one basically tell you that they hate you for that reason. It is hard to feel good about yourself after that. (Though I suppose it would be harder if they hated you for something that you loved about yourself. At least this way you are in agreement about why you suck.)
But do you know what amazes me? How if I wasn't blogging about this, you would never even know. I pull my shit together and I go out in the world and give you a smile and do my job.
It makes me wonder just how many other people I see are doing the same thing? Is the woman sitting next to me on the train, who is quietly reading her book, really thinking about how she wants to take a baseball bat to her ex-boyfriend's car or something?
I guess my point is that we shouldn't judge things by appearances, because while that woman might be having one of those times where everything in her life is going great, she also might be miserable and might just be putting a brave face on for the world to see.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment