Sunday, September 5, 2010

worth it

Do you ever see things that are so beautiful they make you want to cry??

I know that in theory the stars in the heavens are glorious and awe inspiring. But sometimes, living in Chicago, you forget that. In Chicago you can see approximately 10 stars. Maybe thirty on a really good night. And the color of the night sky?? Orange. I'm no expert but even I know that's not right.

Last night, looking at the stars here in northern Calufornia, I was floored. Millions of them. You could even see the Milky Way.

We were joking about how God told Abraham that his descendants would multiply and be as numerous as the stars in the heavens. In Chicago that's almost an insult! Here, that actually means something!!

It's one of those things that you have to see to appreciate. And it's one of those things that you appreciate no matter how many times you have seen it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment