Thank god for massage. (side note: it's weird how phrases like "thank god" are in my lexicon, and how I just use it as a general expression, not to actually thank God. But the phrase works so well.)
Anywho, thank god for massage! Giving a good massage and really connecting with a client can just turn a whole day around. Am I really going to be able to give this up and get a real job?
I'm not going to think about that now.
I'm going to think about me. And wine country. And one glorious week of livin' the good life.
Do you know what the only bad part about going to Napa Valley is? (Besides spending WAY too much money!)
The roads! I get so car sick driving around on all those tight, curvy, hilly roads.
I live in Illinois for Pete's sake! I can't handle curves! And curves mixed with hills?! Save me!
I remember trying wine (a sip at the dinner table) as a kid and HATING it. Now I love it. I wouldn't say that I was a connoisseur (nor would I say that I know how to spell "connoisseur"- it took me three mistypes and eventually using auto-correct to spell it right!) but I definitely can distinguish between different reds and I know what I like.
Which makes me think that maybe I should give beer another shot. I drank it my freshman year of college, no problem. I could learn to drink beer. I could learn to like it. Even thoroughly enjoy it. Which would be good because sometimes it is just too hot out to drink wine. And while I can drink red wine with ANYTHING, there are times that even I have to admit that beer would go better with a meal.
My friend told me that she sometimes puts grenadine in her beer. That sounds rather delicious- I might have to try that!
I just wish that it didn't make me burp so much.
Is there a trick to drinking beer in a certain way so that it doesn't make you burp?
Maybe I just need to drink it from a glass. I only drink pop from a glass because pop in a can makes me burp. Aha! This deserves some experimenting, me thinks!
Any suggestions of beginning beers for a non-beer drinker? I currently tend to stick with Miller Lite and Bud Light simply because they taste the least like beer! We'll have to do a progression to get me up to drinking Guiness!
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sam drinks Michelob Ultra which doesn't taste like beer in the least, and has little carbonation...but I wouldn't call it beer.
ReplyDeleteTry Stella Artois (Italian) or Amstel light, they are pretty light on the flavor scale. Steer clear of ales, especially IPAs (India Pale Ale) - these are my favorite but I strongly suspect they'd make you whistle beef.
But don't even think of trying to start this stuff while you're in Napa! Drink '99 Cab from a fishbowl-sized glass and pair it with some chocolate while looking out over the vineyards, you brat! (said out of purely jealous, wish I were there love)