Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the el



I spend a considerable amount of my time riding the el.

And certain things always go through my head when I ride it. No, not "I'm gonna die!"

There are just certain phrases that pop into my head.

I can't explain them.

But whenever I round a turn I think, "The silver serpent slides through the city."

I can't help it, I like alliteration.

And there is a little song that I sing in my head while standing on the platform waiting for the train.

It goes:

Come on Brown Line,
Won't you be mine!?

(or green line, or red line, depending on the trip)

It is sung to the tune of "Look at that girl with the daisy dukes on."

I can't really explain it.

But if you ever see me doing a little dance while waiting on the platform, now you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment