Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow and NOT having a hangover! Now, that's an idea! Actually, my hangover this morning wasn't too bad. Yes, I drank a lot at my cousin katie's (very fun!) wedding but then I sweated it all out when I was dancing for hours straight! I reached a point where I was so sweaty and disgusting that I figured that I might as well go all out- and since I won't be doing my usual running workouts this week, I decided to turn my night of dancing into a serious workout.

I will admit that I'm not a particularly graceful or skillful dancer. But I more than make up for that with my enthusiasm! :) As my mom said to me this morning, "Well, at least you're a happy drunk!"

Anyways, we finally got home and decided to hang out and watch the stars for a while in the hot tub. (Have I mentioned lately just how much my life rocks?!?) That seemed to take care of the rest of the alcohol in my system. I woke up the next morning just a bit dehydrated and with REALLY sore calves. Apparently running does not prepare you for a hard core dancing session.

Anyways, there has been lots of drinking the past few days and each morning (similar to Senior Week in college) I wake up swearing that I will never drink again. But by the afternoon (again, like college) I was right back on the horse. Who am I to say no to good wine?!?

And I've been drinking LOTS of good wine. I'm letting my dad plan all my vacations from now on. He has found some great vineyards for us to hit up. Not only that but we also got to do a special food and wine pairing. We also stoppedby the Coppala vineyard which is a but on the cheesy side but still fun. The man we had pouring our drinks there was named Remy Martin (which he swears is not a stage name!) and though I didn't ask, I'm pretty sure he was a member of the Coppala family.

Today we visited Verite where I learned more about wine than I thought possible. These were super high end wines. One of their 2007 wines scored a perfect 100 from Robert Parker. That is only the 36th perfect 100 rating that he has given out in the last 30 years (for all of you keeping track at home.) We, however, were tasting the 2006 wines which only had ratings of 92, 94 and 96.

It's a rough, rough life, I tell ya!

Anyways, after a delicious home-cooked meal out on our back deck and only a couple of glasses of wine this evening, I am ready to soberly head to bed so that I can wake up bright and early to head to Mrs. Grossman's sticker factory. (OMG!!!!)

I don't think I'd want to live here permanently but for a couple of days Sonoma is a damn nice place to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment