Friday, July 30, 2010

jealous

I used to be jealous when I saw kids getting ready to go away to college for the first time. I LOVED my freshman year of college because everything was so new and exciting and different. I want that feeling again.

What I realized today is that life as a grown-up doesn't HAVE to be boring and dull. You can still try new things. You can still have excitement.

Perhaps I have lowered the bar a bit in what qualifies as "new and exciting" in my life. I won't deny that. But my point remains the same... there are still a million new and exciting things to experience in my life. Even at the ripe ol' age of thirty. I've got a lot of living left to do. I have a lot of exploring left to do. I have many adventures yet to go on.

Like today...

I tried a new fruit that I had never heard of.

I grew up in a family that only ate apples, bananas, oranges and grapes. Seriously. The first time I had a nectarine was in college and it just about blew my mind.

Today I had a lychee, which is from China.

My first thought when I saw them was "Whoa! What happened to your strawberries??" A friend had to explain to me what they were and then had to explain to me how to eat them.











It looks like a pearl onion but tastes like a juicy grape with a pit in the middle.

All I know is that if there was this crazy fruit out there that I didn't even know about, there must be thousands of great adventures that I can't even imagine still waiting for me out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment