One of my favorite quotes/ideas, that I am sure I have mentioned before, is "Imagine you lost everything you have right now, and then got it all back. Think of how happy you would be!"
It's soooo true. We always think about what we want, rather than what we already have.
Yesterday my phone decided to stop working. I think he was just tired, maybe a little overheated. We all need a break sometime.
But I really can't afford to replace my phone right now, so I plugged my phone into the charger, sent him some good vibes and went to sleep.
And lo and behold, my phone was working again this morning! Which of course made me think of the above quote.
So now let's think of all the things that I have right now (big and small) that I don't want to lose and that I typically take for granted.
I have:
the sweetest grandma in the world who lives nearby and writes me letters
no blisters on my feet
good tasting tap water
a working tv/DVR which lets me watch Cash Cab
a wonderful working computer with internet
a great little iphone
a job
wonderful clients
a great relationship with my coworkers
plenty of oil/lotion which won't need to be reordered for a while
a big house to live in
my health
a strong body that is really getting in shape- I am at this crazy point where sometimes I will be walking down the street and my muscles will just feel so good that I want to start running.
cramps- okay, so I'm not really that happy about having these but at least I have sensation in my body- better than being paralyzed and not able to feel anything, right?
my parents are alive and love me and we get along really well
plenty of diet coke in the fridge
a lovely town to live in and work out in where I feel safe
clean air to breathe
an awesome planet to live on which hasn't been destroyed by asteroids in the night
an amazing public library just a few blocks from my house
plenty of clothes to wear
a working alarm clock
running water, electricity, working plumbing
working air conditioning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great friends
people who take time out of their day (okay, let's be honest, who are trying to waste time) who read my blog
hair bands for my hair
carmex for my lips
a near unbeaten record in Words with Friends
Okay, I'm going to stop now because in my mind I have been listing a million different things. I really have sooooo much.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is my favorite "trick" in the world when I feel bad about anything. A good "I have" or "I love" list. I LOVE yours!!!! Smart girl! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Jamba Juice gc. It's PERFECT. MUAH!!!!!! XO
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome for the Words With Friends one. I do that to make you feel good. ;)
ReplyDelete