Wednesday, July 7, 2010

fun little adventure

Guess what I did this morning?

Go on... guess!

Did you guess that I woke up freaking out in the middle of the night and went to the ER?? Then you're a winner!

I haven't been to the doctor in years, not even when I broke my ankle. I mean, I see my gyno but that's at a Women's Health Center so it isn't really like seeing a doctor.

But I woke up around 3 in the morning and just could not breathe.

I had woken up struggling and gasping for breath. I tried to calm myself down but it felt like I was choking. I could take a full deep breath, but I had to work to do it.

Since I have been having a little bit of allergic reaction to my million bug bites that I got this weekend, I was afraid that maybe it was an allergic reaction and that my throat was swelling closed or something.

So I took benadryll and tried to calm myself down and go back to sleep.

But I still was having trouble breathing.

So I decided since I had just worked on a client that had a cold, that maybe it was just mucus taking over my throat. So I took a Mucinex and waited and tried to get back to sleep.

But after an hour and a half of still struggling to breathe and starting to panic about it, I said "okay, better play it safe," and I woke up my sister and made her take me to the emergency room. After all. when my mom was having her heart attack, the main symptom that she had was that she couldn't breathe.

So I get there and, of course, they could figure out nothing wrong with me. They did a bunch of tests and told me to take it easy.

And I can breathe okay again, though I can't say that I am "breathing easy" knowing the size of the medical bills that I am going to be getting!!

All I can say is that it is hella scary to not be able to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment