Every day we are bombarded by advertising. We are smart people and we know we are being played, but that doesn't make us immune to it.
I remember reading something (on the back of my church bulletin) when I was a little girl that said something to the likes of "you eat advertised cereal, and brush your teeth with advertised toothpaste and wash your clothes with advertised detergent but you still think that advertising doesn't work?" It, obviously, stuck with me.
So while I know that advertising is just playing up to my needs, desires and fears, I can still appreciate a good ad campaign when I see one.
I think one of the most brilliant ad campaigns that I have ever seen was Nike's "Just Do It" campaign.
How simple is that?
But it sums it up so perfectly.
No excuses. Just do it.
I find myself telling myself to "just do it" all the time.
Stop procrastinating. Just do it.
The garbage needs to be taken out. Just do it.
I should update my blog. Just do it.
I'm tired and don't want to go running. Just do it.
Are there any ad campaigns that you love?
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I always loved the Wazzup ads for budweiser...might be a guy thing though.
ReplyDeletethose were good. bud has had a lot of good ones in general, starting with spuds mckenzie and I loved the one "true" ad where the guy breaks up with his girlfriend right before she tells him that she won the lotto!
ReplyDelete