Friday, February 5, 2010

pregnancy test

My mom just came in the room and asked me who died. I guess I must have had quite the look on my face.

Nobody died. And to tell the truth, my life isn't going too poorly. Had nice clients lately. Won all of our v-ball games. Have been hanging out and connecting with friends lately.

And I'm not pregnant. I mean, I knew I wasn't pregnant, that there was no possible way that I was pregnant, and yet, like every girl, I freaked out when I missed my period and had to go buy a pregnancy test this morning. The young woman at Walgreen's was very nice and she even double bagged it for me without me asking her to so that people couldn't see what was in my bag.

Speaking of pregnancy tests, have you ever seen this commercial for them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqX7VxW3wL0

Cracks me up!

Life is good. And I know it is good. But I am reflecting on sad things and so it is okay to feel sad.

2 comments:

  1. The most important piece of technology... you'll ever pee on!

    Do you think it's really true that some 20%+ of women misread pregnancy tests? He doesn't say that in this commercial but I'm pretty sure I've seen that statistic (or something like it) on other commercials. I just don't understand how. (Although I expect denial to be a big part of it)

    Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were trying to get pregnant Sam would buy dozens of these from the dollar store (n.b., if you think you're pregnant in the future, buy a test for $1, they're just as reliable as the primary brands and all measure the same protein). When she finally appeared pregnant, we went out and got a dozen more, each confirming the last. I even scanned one of the sticks and enhanced contrast in Photoshop to ensure what we thought we saw.

    Glad you're not pregnant, but if you ever think you are you can come over and use our scanner! <- that's right, an exclamation point.

    ReplyDelete