This morning at around 4 AM I was startled awake. It felt like the whole house was moving but the fact that we were having an earthquake didn't even cross my mind. My first thoughts were that a ton of snow had just fallen off the roof, or that my mom who is sleeping in the bedroom above mine had fallen out of bed (I almost went to check on her.) Okay, I'll admit that my third thought was that someone had broken into my house and was in my room and yes, I had to get up and go check and make sure that they weren't hiding in the shower before I could get my heart to stop beating so hard and get back to bed.
Turns out it was a 3.8 earthquake. I seriously can't even imagine what it must feel like to be in a real one. Scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment