Friday, February 12, 2010

my workout secret

Okay, I am going to let you in on my workout secret...

If you wait to workout til you "want" to workout or "feel like" working out- it's NOT gonna happen.

So here is what I do, I get up in the morning and I am feeling tired and groggy and stiff and the last thing in the world that I want to do is work out.

But I get up. I can handle getting out of bed.

I put on my workout clothes and sports bra and shoes. No problem.

I go downstairs to the treadmill and I start walking. Everyone can walk. I mean, it's just walking. I can do that half asleep. And I tell myself that that is all I have to do. I just have to walk.

But once I hit about five minutes and I am feeling all warmed up, the feeling sort of hits me that "well, I'm here already, I might as well run." And then my real workout begins. And after the running (okay, who are we kidding- jogging) I am ready to go down the basement and do my weights and abs.

But there is no way I would have done it if I told myself in the morning that I had to go run.

So I trick myself into it. And you know what, if all I do end up doing is walking- that's still a good thing.

And not every workout is intense. But like I always say, "A half-ass workout is better than sitting on the couch eating potato chips!"

And what is crazy is how good I feel and how much looser my clothes are after just one week of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment