Tuesday, February 23, 2010

pay attention

I was going along, a little bit grumpy this morning. And I thought, WHAT IF?

What if this is it? What if this is the best my life is ever going to be? I don't think that's the case, but what if? Shouldn't I be enjoying it? What if this were the my last day on earth? Shouldn't I take it all in?

So I did.

I enjoyed the warmth of the heat on the train.

I enjoyed the zoom zoom! sensation of zipping along about the world as we flew by in the train.

I enjoyed the people around me.

And because I was doing all this I also got to enjoy the snow. The crazy snow we had this morning. The flakes were ridiculously big. I've NEVER seen them that size. It was like being inside a snow globe.

When I got to the station I took some video. It doesn't show you exactly what my eyes saw- the layer upon infinite layer of snow coming down. In the distance the flakes looked black because they were so big. It looked like a huge swarm of bugs were invading the city- but in a cool way!



And then, as life's little way of thanking me for paying attention and noticing how awesome it was, my pain-in-the-ass client canceled and I got to take one of my favorite clients instead!

Yeah life!

No comments:

Post a Comment