Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the ink is flowing

I am a writer. I write, therefore, I am.

I had a very intense dream the other night. One of those dreams where you hit the snooze button hoping to fall back into it. One of those dreams that doesn't fade as the day goes on but instead you can remember every detail as if it really happened. Yeah, one of those.

It inspired me to pick up the pen (or keyboard as the case may be) and write about it. I've started a new novel. In the last two days I have written ten pages.

One of my problems with writing has always been getting a good feel for the character. But now it is coming so easily to me, because I know the character. I was the character in my dream so I already know what she thinks and feels.

And I've decided that for Lent I am going to give up being afraid of failure. I'm going to go ahead and write, even if it ends up being crap. I'll worry about that later. For now I am enjoying the writing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment