Sunday, June 14, 2009

who knew?

I was pleasantly surprised today when I was reading an issue of Marie Claire. I don't usually read that magazine. It doesn't have well written or informative articles, nor does it give you really good celebrity gossip, so what's the point? 

The magazine as a whole didn't really impress me but I stumbled across a two page spread that was titled, "What I Love About Me." They had interviewed women on the street in Iceland and asked them what feature they love about themselves. 

I love that. 

We all have things that we dislike about ourselves. Usually these magazines are all about how to change yourself or hide/cover the parts of yourself you don't like. Tone those abs! Hide those blemishes! 

But focusing on things that you actually like about yourself? What a concept! 

I could make a list of things I dislike about myself a mile long. My mom and I, who look exactly alike, have even joked about getting matching nose jobs so that we'd have noses we liked but still look exactly alike! 

In the spirit of things, I am going to make a list of things that I like about my appearance:

1. My hair color is always changing (naturally, with the sun) with shades of red, gold and brown
2. The gap in b/w my front teeth- I can blow bubbles through it!
3. My eyes- I can make them express what I am feeling 
4. My coloring- I don't burn in the sun
5. I have a freckle/birth mark on my leg in the shape of a heart
6. My earlobes
7. My smile
8. My eyebrows
9. My body is very proportionate
10. My height
11. The size of my head

What do you love about your body?





No comments:

Post a Comment