When I was a little girl I asked for his Bad album for Christmas. I ended up getting three copies!
How many times did I lip sync to Man in the Mirror as I watched myself in the mirror?
He's gotten some bad press but I have to be honest with you, I liked the man. So he hung his baby out over a balcony. Big deal. It's not like he dropped it! And while I think he could have used some better judgement with those kids, I doubt that he molested them.
I, like so many others, was watching some of his old videos tonight. He was a star. He just got it. You can't teach that. He was a natural performer. When he was up there singing you could see the light and the energy pouring from him.
And he was cool. Daring. Think about the things he did! The moonwalk. The crotch grab. The white glove. All those crazy outfits. He was a trendsetter.
On a side note, did you know the Sheryl Crow was once his back up singer?
My biggest regret is that I never got to see him in concert. He will be missed but his music will live on.
No comments:
Post a Comment