Let's just say, it would not have been good. But after the twentieth cab driver passed me up, I realized that the bus was not only a possibility, it was a probability.
And then... I saw it... a taxi cab... with its light on. A beacon of hope on this dark, humid summer night.
When the driver saw that I was alone he decided to stop. He was sick of having groups of drunk kids in his cab. He drove me out to my house and we had a little chat.
It was much different from the chat that I had with my cab driver in the beginning of the evening. My first cab driver was telling us one joke after another... Did you like the landscaping that they did in D.C. on inauguration day? Huh??? Yeah, didn't you see it? They got rid of all the Bushes! Ba-dum-bum!
This cab driver was a large black man who was a citizen of Israel. His people being sold into slavery was the last plague that they (the Bible) talked about. If you look in the records of Christopher Columbus and the like coming to America you will see that they called the land "New Egypt." And in West Africa in the jails where they held the slaves before they were shipped off you can see traces of the graffiti that the slaves wrote... in Hebrew!
It was an interesting cab ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment