One of the women they talked about was the women who started Vosges chocolates. (Yum!) Her coworkers loved her chocolates and she thought, "Maybe I've got something here!" So she took her product to some big department store, Neiman Marcus, I believe, and pitched it to them. The man she talked to there basically told her, "Don't call us, we'll call you."
But then he put her chocolates in the break room and they were gone within minutes. He ended up calling her the next day and she has since grown to have annual sales in the millions.
I told my sister about that and she said, "Yeah, but people will eat anything in break rooms." Which is so true. It doesn't matter what it is. If it is sitting there on the break room table, it suddenly becomes irresistible.
My sister and her coworker wanted to test this theory. So they opened a box of croutons and put the croutons on a plate. Sure enough, within an hour, every last crouton was gone!
What is it about break rooms?
No comments:
Post a Comment