Sunday, May 3, 2009

things that made me laugh yesterday

People are funny. 

Really, really funny. 

I don't believe in Creationism, but if God did create us, I bet it was just to keep himself constantly entertained by watching us. 

The best part of my job is that I get to deal with people all the time. Yesterday I had amazing clients. Usually I will have a couple of good clients mixed in with a couple of just okay clients and then every once in a blue moon I will get a bad client. But not yesterday. The stars were aligned just right and I had five amazing and funny clients. 

The massages all went well, which is important but they were also cracking me up. The one girl was there because her friends were treating her to a "spa day" because they couldn't make it to her bridal shower. She told me that she had just been laid off yesterday. Later on in the conversation I asked her what she did for a living and she said, "Well I did, blah, blah, blah, but like I said, I got laid off yesterday." And I said, "Doh! I forgot! Sorry to bring that back up." And she jokingly goes, "Yeah, thanks a lot. Totally just ruined this massage!" 

Another client was a bit of a smart ass with a dry sense of humor. When I flipped her over half way through the massage I asked her if she was doing okay. Her response? "There are worse ways I could be spending my time." What made it funny was that she was actually really enjoying the massage. If I didn't know she liked it I might have been a little worried. When she came out of the room at the end I asked her how she was feeling. It is always good to get feedback. Most people respond by saying, "Good," "Great," "Relaxed," "Sleepy," "Sore," "Amazing." But not this girl. Her answer was, "Stoned." Which I have to say, was A) hilarious, and B) the perfect description for how you feel after a good massage.

The last thing that made me laugh wasn't a client, it was a friend I went out to dinner with. When I said something about giving a ninety minute massage he asked, "Ninety minutes straight?!" That cracked me up. I can just imagine telling my clients, "You just lie here, I'm going to go have a little coffee break, I'll be back in ten minutes!" Maybe I should try that today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment