The hardest part about taking the el (besides the crazy people) is that I am a bit of a germ phobe. So yesterday when I heard a girl start to cough and sniffle in the seat behind me, I really started to cringe. The el car that I was on was practically empty so I said, "Screw this! I am moving to another seat!" So I got up and moved a few seats away. I accidentally looked up and made eye contact with the girl, and then felt guilty about moving away. Then she put her forehead down on the back of the seat in front of her (my former seat) and started coughing without covering her mouth. I no longer felt guilty.
About a minute went by and I heard a splash. At first I thought someone had knocked a drink over. But then I heard another splash. Nope, not a drink. The girl was just hurling everywhere. She was literally throwing up on her feet.
Okay, I know this is gross and I shouldn't be writing about it. But you just have to hear about it- I had to see it! Can I tell you just how thankful I was that I decided to switch my seat? Oh, thank you baby Jesus!
Then I was torn- do I go over there and try to help her? What could I really do for her? And quite frankly, I don't really want to be by the sick girl. So I stayed away. Which made me feel like a big jerk. But a big jerk who thankfully did not have vomit on her!
No comments:
Post a Comment