The downside to being surrounded by a group of women is that women are crazy. Yeah, I said it. We are crazy. And when we start PMSing at the same time? Run for cover!
Our spa is not a fancy spa. But we work hard to maintain a calming and relaxing environment. There are certain things we can't control like the squeekiness of the floor or the sirens going by outside. In the upstairs we have three massage rooms, a restroom, the kitchen/break room and the bosses' office. Everything is very close together and noise travels like nobody's business. In fact, we are only supposed to whisper in the break room because otherwise it can disrupt the massages that are going on.
Yesterday I was between massages, but one of my coworkers was in the middle of giving a massage. I walked past the office and saw that the door was open and my boss was hammering some cord to the wall. Hammering? Really? Cuz that's not loud or obnoxious at all. We aren't allowed to even talk at normal voices, yet you think hammering is okay?
So I sort of stopped, mainly because I would be PISSED if she were doing this during one of my massages, and I said, "Isn't there a massage going on?" because I figured that she must not know that, otherwise she would not be hammering. And she goes, "Yeah." At which point I am stymied because it means that my boss is just an f'ing idiot. But she looks like she was ready to continue hammering so I say, "Well, don't you think it would be a good idea to not be hammering during a massage?" I didn't think that was something that needed to be said but apparently it was. She didn't take too kindly to that. She responded very snottily saying, "Funny, I thought I could do what I wanted seeing as how I own the place."
Really?!?
But she stopped hammering.
Just an update... so I thought that my boss would cool off, realize that she was being a jackass and that would be the end of it, right? So I walked into work the next day and she and Gena were at the front desk. I said good morning. My boss gave me the silent treatment! All day she gave me the silent treatment. I don't even have words for that. Though two words that do come to mind are "unprofessional" and "ridiculous."
ReplyDelete