I've improved a lot but still have a ways to go. I have a client that also happens to be friends with my tennis instructor. She asked my instructor how I was doing. His response? "Nikki is really athletic." Is that sort of the tennis version of saying, "She has a really great personality?"
So I still can't play tennis worth a damn but at least I'm really athletic (which means I MIGHT someday be good at this game) and most importantly I am having fun. And on the plus side, my racket didn't accidentally go sliding out of my hands (still trying to block last week's lesson from my memory) and halfway across the court today. That's always a good thing!
Better the "she's really athletic" comment than the "she's really competitive" comment. That's how my dad described my mad basketball skillz during my freshman season (as in, I wasn't even good enough to get the athletic fake compliment)! Nope, didn't play after that. Thanks for the encouragement dad!
ReplyDelete