They say that the key to really successful people is that they don't procrastinate. They decide to do something and then they do it. They don't do it tomorrow. They do it right now. What a concept.
I had an amazingly productive day. And it really wasn't that difficult. If I was this productive all the time, it would be mind blowing how much I could accomplish.
Here is a list of things that I accomplished today...
* cleaned the kitchen
* checked to see if we have paint that I could use down the basement
* saw that we did have paint and said "well, there's no time like the present..." and painted the entire kitchen
* went through all my papers and sorted them into "recycle" or "shred" piles, then I recycled them
* put many things away (where they belonged) in the basement, which required several trips up and down the stairs
* swept and washed the stairs and woodwork and glass in the front stairway because apparently this should be done at least once every three years (it was kind of ridiculous how dirty it was!)
* sent some emails
* prodded a client to sign up for a private massage, which she did
* did NOT eat the entire French Silk pie that is sitting in the fridge, it was tempting so this is one that I am very proud of
* found my drill
* charged my drill
* put my flowers into new pots
* drilled holes in the bases of my current pots so that they will now drain
* got my sister's CDs out of her car and copied them onto my computer, then put them back
* fixed the DVD player in the back room that has been not working for four months
* moved the big plywood board down the basement that has been bugging me for six months
* did my laundry
* showered
* did my sister's dishes
* updated my blog
** and I still managed to check Facebook about five times and watched the latest Indiana Jones movie!
And the day's not over yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment