
I was riding home on the el the other night and I had my head in my book and was pretty oblivious to the world around me, when I decided to look up and saw this intensely beautiful sunset!
My photo doesn't do it justice. There were blues and lavender and lilac and pink and all sorts of colors. It was stunning. Sort of took my breath away.
And nobody was noticing it.
I almost didn't notice it.
So I put my book down and watched the sunset for the rest of the ride home. And I resisted the urge to be the crazy person on the train who was interrupting people to force them to look at the sunset!
It was a big reminder of how much wonderful stuff I can miss out on if I get too wrapped up in my own crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment