Monday, October 4, 2010

spam-a-lot

I wonder how many emails out there never get seen because they go to a spam folder? I've gotten pretty good at giving a quick glance to my spam folder every day but how many other people do?

I actually received an email the other day that TOLD me that an email I sent had been filed as spam. Apparently I had too many of their bad "key words" included in my text. But that was sent to a university, hence why I was notified. Had it been sent to yahoo or google I would never have known.

There is that old phrase "the check is in the mail." Things out there, on their way, maybe lost forever. Nowadays we have the phrase, "Lost in cyberspace."

When someone says they didn't receive your email you scoff, thinking, "Sure, it just disappeared!" But do emails just disappear? Do they get accidentally deleted when we don't go through our spam accounts closely enough?

Makes you wonder about all the emails you might have missed out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment