Wednesday, October 6, 2010

regret

Do you ever do something and then immediately regret it? Like putting your leftover Chipotle into your backpack so that you have your hands free to take pictures. You KNOW right away that it is a bad idea. So it comes as no surprise when an hour later it spills ALL over the inside of your bag. And it smelled SO strongly! I was the stinky person on the train today! We all have to be that person at some point in our lives- my day was today.

The other thing I think I am going to regret is signing up for Match.com.

I've hated it every time I have done the free trials in the past. Why is this time going to be different? They sucker you in though... they tease you... they tell you that someone has written you an email but they won't tell you WHO wrote you an email or WHAT the email says until you pay them money and sign up.

How can I live with that? How can I live with not knowing what the emails say? The curiosity was too much. I caved. But I immediately regret it. Match.com is creepy. They tell people when you are online and how recently you have been online. "Nikki has been active within two hours." Seriously, I don't want people to know that. And then tell people if I have read their emails or not. I suppose that is good for the people sitting there thinking, "Did she get it? Has she read it?" Ugh. I hate this shit.

So why am I doing this? Because I keep saying that I want to start dating again... and this is the easiest way.

But I don't really want to do it. I want a boy to come magically land in my lap. Is that too much to ask?

I'm going to have to start using my magical voodoo powers to lure them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment