But I was thinking about what we want from guys. We want a guy who is open and talks to us and shares his feelings. Who wouldn't want a guy who goes to yoga class and musicals with them?
Basically what we want is a guy who is a girl!
But with a peni$.
Doesn't that sort of defeat the point? Don't we like guys because they are guys and manly and different from us?
I'd love to be able to do yoga with a guy. Share something with him that I love. But then I think about the guys in my yoga classes... am I attracted to those guys? Hell no! Do I want a touchy-feely girly man who wears spandex? NOOOO!
So why do we keep trying to change our men into women?
I'm not saying no to compromise. I can sit down and have a beer and watch a football game. That doesn't make me less of a woman. And a man can go to a yoga class or go shopping with me, that doesn't make him less of a man. We don't need to have separate activities and ways of speaking/ dealing with things.
But I don't feel like men have the same urge to change women that women have to change men. Why is that? (Or am I completely wrong about that?) Do we want to change men because it would make US happier? Or because we think it would make THEM happier?
Part of me thinks that we think we are helping them... WE feel better when we talk about things... therefore if we could just get men to talk about things more, wouldn't THEY feel better too? Not necessarily. Men are different. I think we forget that sometimes.
Then again, maybe that is the role that women are meant to play. I have heard many married men say that their wives have made better men out of them. Or that their interests have changed because of their wives. Getting drunk and blowing up fireworks is not nearly as pressingly important as it once was.
No comments:
Post a Comment