Thursday, October 7, 2010

old age

Sometimes a moment is so tender and sweet that words alone can't capture it... and then a photo helps.


Yesterday as I was walking in the Loop, I saw one old man helping another old man, who had a cane and who was slightly worse off than himself, walk down the street.

5 comments:

  1. Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question but did you take this picture? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I did take it. I just (finally!) got a new camera and am getting back into photography. The border that I put on (with my computer) makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT UP! I love that pic so much I want to print it out and hang it up, and do you know what? I'm going to, if it's okay with you. You're going to need another blog full of your awesome pics!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The men, the colors, the border, the emotion, even thier clothes, everything about that picture is powerful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the things that I like about the picture is how the other people in the background were all caught in motion- zooming off somewhere- while the old men are sort of frozen in time/ moving slower than the world around them.

    I used iPhoto to "antique" the photo which changed the coloring a little to give it more of an old-timey feel but I thought it worked well for the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete