Do you know why I'm glad I'm not a guy? Because I don't want to have to be the one to make the first move. That can't be easy.
And I think that is why there is a lot of confusion when it comes to beginning relationships. It's a lot easier to say, "Hey, do you want to hang out sometime?" rather than, "Would you like to go on a date with me?"
No wonder people then are wondering, "Does that person really like me? Are we just friends who are hanging out? Or are we something more?"
And then comes the pressure of making the first move. I miss the good ol' days of drunken college parties. Dance close to a boy all night and seven or eight beers in he is finally going to A) pick up on the hints that he should kiss you or B) be filled with liquid courage and forget that there is even a chance that you might not want to kiss him.
But can you imagine anything more awkward and painful then going in to try and kiss someone and getting rejected? Who wants to set themselves up for that kind of rejection?
I don't know anybody that has actually happened to. Do you? Which means that really we are afraid of something that most likely isn't going to happen.
So why, if it isn't all that scary, and the actual possibility of getting rejected is so low, don't I make the first move?
Well, quite frankly, because I don't want to. I want to be with a boy who is crazy about me and who wants to kiss me so badly that he can't stand it. Is that so much to ask? Perhaps my old-fashionedness will be my downfall. I could use a little kissing.
As Rhett Butler said, "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how. "
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There just isn't anything better than when you're with a boy you like, and you know he likes you, and he's getting closer and closer, and the butterflies pick up on it and start tickling your tummy, and you KNOW that it's coming! There is nothing wrong with wanting a guy who has enough balls to go for what he wants. Nothing at all. It's good to be wanted, and to know that you're wanted. There is also nothing wrong with busting a move yourself, but it DEFINITELY helps when the guy has made it clear that he digs you, you know? And leaves you an opportunity- all you're doing then is beating him to the punch, you know?
ReplyDeleteXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO